- Every valentine's day around 9 million people buy their pets a gift.
- In 1415 the oldest recorded valentine's day message was sent by a french medieval duke while he was in the tower of London it said "I am already sick of love, My very gentle Valentine.
- The first mass produced Valentine's day cards in the US were created in the 1840s and were made with lace and ribbons.
- In the US around $277 million is spent on Valentine cards every year.
- The phrase “wearing your heart on your sleeve” is from the Middle Ages. Boys at this time would draw names of girls to see who would be their “Valentine” and then wear the name pinned on their sleeve for a week.
- In Ecuador, Mexico and Venezuela Friendship Day is celebrated on 14 February, which is the same day as Valentine's Day.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Lots of Love xxx